Friday, May 27, 2011

Catastrophe Cosmetic Face Mask


I'm a smurf.  Well, I was a smurf after using this face mask.  My finance and I slathered this clay-like mud all over our mugs and let it set for about 10 minutes.  We both washed our faces off and after a while noticed that something was off.  We were both pale, vampire-faced smurfs!  We both washed our faces 3 times and acheived no success with removing the blue tint.  It wasn't until the next day, and a couple more washes that we were finally restored to our normal, peach skined selfs. 

This mask did NOTHING for me.  My skin was dull, lifeless and utterly blah.  I would not buy this product again, and if it was given to me, I'd have to give it away to someone else. 

It was very different from Oatifix.  It was more like a clay/mud that dried into flakes (which fell off everywhere.....so annoying).  The scent was nice, but the product was blah. 

Sunday, March 13, 2011


Oatifix Face Mask


This sweet honey scented face mask would bring mummies back to life.  It drenches your skin in moisture leaving it glowy and youthful.  Keeping it in the fridge provides a cool blast of refreshing WOW upon application.  A short 5-10 minutes later just wash it off with warm water and pat your skin dry.

My skin is very sensitive.  It breaks out if I cleanse it with harsh products.  It also breaks out if I over-moisturize.  So, you can imagine my hesitation at trying this product.  I was schooled by this concoction of oats, bananas and honey.  Three uses later, my skin has yet to see a breakout and glows from being quenched. 

This is a great mask for wintertime dryness.  I can't see those of you with oily skin needing this in the summer months.  If you have always-dry skin this could be a staple for you!

Unfortunately, Lush doesn't list their Fresh Face Masks on their website.  You can find them however, in the Lush Times paper. 
Here is a link to the Lush US website where you can find all kinds of goodies:


No comments:

Post a Comment